How to Make Money on Snapchat
Now I have noticed that a lot of people I know are on Snapchat, even little old me is documenting my life every snap of the way. Of course as you would have it, it has become just another way to advertise products. Yes you heard it, you can actually make money on Snapchat. We are usually used to this over normal platforms like Blogs, Youtube and Instagram. Now other brands other than Coca Cola and Taco Bell have noticed the potential this medium can be when reaching potential clients. I’m not an everyday avid snapchat user but when I do have an event or something exciting to do, I take my readers along with me and show them what I’m doing. My last big event was sitting first row on some of the fashion shows at Fashion Week Berlin. It’s such an amazing perspective and you all could enjoy the shows with me without the hassle. Practical right? I used Snapchat to my advantage because some shows which I couldn’t attend, I’d watch through some of my favourite Snapchatters. My list of people who I follow are mainly the biggest fashion & beauty bloggers and of course my dear friends. I actively watch 20 people’s stories depending on how long or short they are.
How much to charge for a snapchat story
I was recently talking with some friends about advertising on blogs and all other social media since I find it very interesting how everybody has their own little strategy, media kit etc but what I was mostly dying to know was if they charge for snapchat videos. I wouldn’t go around asking people how many followers since i’m pretty sure once you reach fifty you already start losing count and somehow I don’t think it’s appropriate to ask how views a person has on an average. Some of the girls actually have added Snapchat to their media kits and we were discussing how to come up with a price you and a brand would be comfortable so I asked an expert how I can calculate this.
A good estimate if a brand approaches you is to feel them out and always negotiate as they are obviously not going to flat out offer you the highest amount. No matter how big of small your following is, here is how to calculate what to get. A good average is 20€ per 1.000 views which would make 10.000 Views equivalent to 200€ and 2000€ for 100.000.
10 reasons why Snapchat has blown up so quickly
Below, I am going to give you 10 reasons why Snapchat has blown up so quickly and why it’s so powerful:
1) It works like a text message – Snaps immediately are sent to the recipients phone and they will receive a notification – Just like a text message, but much it’s more entertaining and fun.
2) You have extreme PRIVACY – Nobody else can see what you’re doing on Snapchat besides yourself. It’s personal. This is perhaps the most attractive feature of the app, because it sets it apart from the other major social media platforms.
3) You don’t need wifi to send snaps – This is crucial especially for us travelers who don’t always have access to strong wifi on the road. You can take as many snaps as you want, and save them on the app to resend when you do have access to wifi. I’ve been doing this in on my current trip in India and it’s been working magically.
4) It’s quick and to the point – There is no bullshit with Snapchat. You send a photo/video, and the recipient views it. No advertisements, no re-Snapping, no sharing. That’s it.
5) It’s fun –Snapchat is a more FUN way to communicate with your friends and followers than just standard texting. The same way that watching videos is more fun than reading blog posts.
6) It’s Customizable – After you take the photo or video, you are able to choose any color and draw freely on the screen with your finger. You also have the option to write up to 31 characters on the screen. Better yet, you can use emojis and put them anywhere on the screen and make them as big or small as you want. There are unlimited options to customize your snaps!
7) Users will Anticipation Your Snaps – If you are somewhat entertaining and creative with your snaps, then people will start looking forward to your next post. Just like Instagram.
8) Photo + Video Option – While photos are nice, videos are much more powerful. You are allowed up to 10 seconds of video to send.
9) It’s addicting – You know how Tinder can be addicting? Yeah, Snapchat has 100 million active monthly users. People who are on it can’t seem to stop (I’m guilty of it too).
10) It’s behind the scenes – My favorite part about Snapchat is that you are essentially filming your life experiences behind the scenes! Nothing is planned or staged. People are seeing content exactly how you are seeing it in real life. It offers an incredibly your viewers a unique perspective, almost as if they are standing next to you.
11) 100% user engagement – When someone is viewing a snapchat, their finger must be touching the screen at all times or the snap will disappear. Therefore, you can be 100% certain that you have the full attention of your viewers when they are opening your snaps. This is unlike Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, where users quickly scroll through their newsfeeds and hardly retain anything unless it pops out or catches their eye.
Do you use Snapchat often or do you think it’s more for teens nowadays? If so, how many people do you follow, more or less that me. I wish you all a great and successful day and follow me on Snapchat! I will be active again this Weekend.