Today I am trying out the Juice Plus Complete Vanilla shakes. I really am a sucker for a beach holiday. I wanted to show you guys what I do to prep and pack before leaving for a trip to the beach. Being that I like a lot of us women tend to gain some weight in the winter to keep us warm, but when it comes to summer, you dread going on the scale to face the cold numbers staring at you. Sometimes you don’t even realize it because when covered up, you can hide a lot of flaws but not at the beach. I haven’t been to the gym in a while so I want to get more active in that field. I’m going to be doing little extra training and cutting out the bad food which I love but know I shouldn’t eat. My shake solution of choice is by JuicePlus. I also cut out bread and only opt for the lighter healthier foods like basically salads, fish, soups, tofu and tea. A vegetarian based meal will cut down calories while making sure you’re still well nourished. In the evening I tend to take this shake instead of supper because I like to go to bed hungry. Haha just kidding, but I do sleep best with a light stomach so i’ll be trying that out. I’ll be updating you weekly with the progress of shedding those pounds and look forward to seeing the results in a couple of weeks! Before/After shots will definitely be taken. The hardest for my social life will be to cut out that glass of wine with friends, but when detoxing you want to get all the bad toxins out of your body so we’ll see how that turns out. I am motivated but aren’t we always at the start of getting tight and right for that summer holiday.
Juice Plus Complete Vanilla (47€/Month)
- Pedicure I’ve seen this product several time on the television but never really paid that much attention until my boyfriend surprised me with one.The shade, oh well, less shade when I saw he got himself one too. This has to be a lifesaver. It is very unpleasant but i’m sure everybody has it! Cornea. From wearing high heels or uncomfortable flats I often go to get a pedicure to get smooth baby skin on my feet. I swear by Scholl velvet smooth express pedi with Diamond crystals. It works like an electronic foot file and is guaranteed to straighten your foot game.
Scholl Velvet Smooth (€30)
- Deodorant I always pick roll on over spray deodorant. You don’t get weird stains under your armpits and especially in the hot weather by the beach, you don’t want to perspire too much. My preference is the Clinique Roll-on Deo. A great tip I have learnt if you shower in the evenings like me, is to add the deo after that shower and not in the morning. It takes time for the deo to be fully absorbed and that happens best over night.
- Dry shampoo I love me a good dry shampoo. I never really got the phenomenon until I actually tried a good one. I tend to try and not wash my hair to often so for the days in between if my natural lock need a bit of refreshing, I’ll be ready.
Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo ($22)
- Make-up Remover All in all whenever I travel I always have to have my make-up remover wipes. Some people cleanse their faces with all the make up on but I like to at first remove the slap and then go in on the skincare. Wipes tend to come aim different skin types, I use ones for dry skin.
- Hairspray We all know the humid weather handles our hair. You’ll never forget your bottle of Loreal Elnett Supreme Hold ever again. I actually have it in travel sizes but since I tend to stay at least 10 days by the beach, a reasonable sized can is definitely something I have to bring along. It keep your curls tight and on fleck. I’d love to try out this hair spray from Tamara Ecclestone’s new range Show Me. It has overall great reviews so I’m looking forward to testing it.
- Sun screen Probably one of the most important things you’ll need while traveling anywhere sunny. Growing up in a sunny country, I was used to the heat. When I moved to Germany I thought I could stand the heat. Now I have learnt that even though you are used to the sun, it doesn’t make you immune to all the health risks linked with sun.
- Perfume In the words of Britney: “I’ll never tell, tell on myself but I hope she smells my perfume.” I love bringing a good solid perfume with me. Actually more like two or three. The best trick I ever found out was using Travalo you can pump your favorite scents in travel sizes. It’s easier than carrying all those extra ounces along. Best part, you cannot forget your expensive in the room by mistake. That has happened to me often enough. Very annoying.
- Nail polish & Remover Pads I take 2/3 colors with me when I go, a nude, a pop and a subtle pop. Who knows how you’re feeling and what you’re wearing may not match your polish. Some people use two layers, I use one just because it’s easier to get off you nails. I love these. They are so practical and easy to carry along. The best part is that they don’t smell as awful as some nail polish removers. I used to always bring nail polish along and forgot the pads so this solution is perfect for me.
- Curling Wand/ Flatiron Holidays can become super stressful. Due to heat or lack thereof I take both curling wand and Flatiron with me. Having naturally curly hair, in humid temperatures my hair tends to explode. I love the wand by Remington and flatiron by Udo Walz!
Argan Oil Complete Set ($50)